Thursday, May 28, 2020

New Chapter



Winter 2020 marks a landmark in history for me. Not only the year of Covid-19 pandemic, but the year I fully became a non-racer. Although I have not raced my mountain bike for several years, it took until now that it truly feels behind me. I have great appreciation for all the wonderful and exciting places racing has taken me over the past 28 years and I am quite satisfied to now let it go.

Today every ride is about being in the moment regardless of where I am or with whom I ride. It is about the ride experience and not any result or goal. Riding slow feels good and taking the time to look around feels even better. If I feel like a challenge, I go for it, but there is no underlying agenda steering my direction. Even during challenging times this spring, I feel so lucky to get out and ride my bike each time. Riding a mountain bike truly is a gift.









No comments: